CDs and Music - Just The Good Stuff
Who's Next by The Who ranked # 28 on Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Albums list.
Who's Next, by The Who was released in 1971. Initially seen by the band as a compromise release following the collapse of a more ambitious rock opera, Who's Next was a major success, reaching the top five on the Billboard charts in the US, spawning several hit singles, and continuing to sell well for over three decades.
The album has been consistently voted as one of the best rock albums of all time by both critics and consumers. Several tracks are still enshrined as warhorses of the classic rock format.
The album was immediately recognized for its dynamic and unique sound. The album fortuitously fell at a time when great advances had been made in sound engineering over the previous decade, and also shortly after the widespread availability of music synthesizers. The result was a sound that was absolutely stunning at the time, and rather unprecedented in rock music.
The album cover shows a photograph of the band having just urinated on a large concrete piling protruding from a heap of mining refuse; the photo is often seen to be a reference to the monolith discovered on the moon in the film 2001: A Space Odyssey, which had been released only about three years earlier.
- Baba O'Riley
- Love Ain't For Keeping
- My Wife
- The Song Is Over
- Getting In Tune
- Going Mobile
- Behind Blue Eyes
- Won't Get Fooled Again
- Baby Don't You Do It (Bonus Track)
- Getting In Tune (Bonus Track)
- Pure And Easy (Bonus Track)
- Love Ain't For Keeping (Bonus Track)
- Behind Blue Eyes (Bonus Track)
- Won't Get Fooled Again (Bonus Track)
- Love Ain't For Keeping (Live At The Young
- Pure And Easy (Live At The Young Vic)
- Young Man Blues (Live At The Young Vic)
- Time Is Passing (Live At The Young Vic)
- Behind Blue Eyes (Live At The Young Vic)
- I Don't Even Know Myself (Live At The Young Vic)
- Too Much (Live At The Young Vic)
- Of Anything (Live At The Young Vic)
- Getting In Tune (Live At The Young Vic)
- Bargain (Live At The Young Vic)
- My Generation (Live At The Young Vic)
- (I'm A) Road Runner (Live At The Young Vic)
- Naked Eye (Live At The Young Vic)
- Won't Get Fooled Again (Live At The Young Vic)
100 Greatest Albums of All Time
Search Our Site For Music, Films, and Books